Christian Thibaudeau is a Canadian bodybuilder, and strength coach. He’s successfully trained a wide array of athletes from Olympic lifters and strongmen to hockey players and figure skaters. He’s also a former competitive Olympic weightlifter, football coach, and has his M.Sc. degree in exercise science. Chris gained notability in the online bodybuilding world in the late 1990s as a key contributor to the online bodybuilding magazine, Iron Magazine Online (or IronMag). He is currently a frequent contributor to Testosterone Magazine and has been applauded by fellow trainers for his willingness to accept and incorporate other ideas into his training program.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Christian got back into shape after a health issue (3:40)
- 4 Reasons you can’t out-exercise a bad diet (10:38)
- Staying Lean: 5 Tips for Staying Lean for life (17:12)
- Anti-aging exercise routine for 40+ years old (18:19)
- How to keep your muscles strong as you age (23:34)
- Training frequency – how often should you train after 40 (32:23)
- The benefits of high-frequency strength training (41:29)
- Exercises to reduce systemic inflammation (56:23)
- How much protein do we really need (58:02)
- Acid Alkaline Balance Diet (1:01:57)
- How carbs and fats fit into a healthy diet (1:05:59)
- Pro & cons of glutamine (1:12:05)
“Your body doesn’t care if you look good for the beach or for the club, it only cares if it’s going to survive.” Tweet Quote
Connect with Christian:
Note: Do you still want to transform your health, body, and life in 2017? Check out our Legendary Workout Program and get ready to get into the best shape of your life (without killing yourself at the gym or getting injured).
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below! If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to the ASK TED section.
Check out the first video in this free training series, where I’ll walk you through a 5-Fitness Mistakes You Don’t Know You’re Making (and how to fix them), you can learn how to avoid those mistakes right now and get better results at the gym.
Until next time!