Many people think that fitness professionals have diet and exercise all figured out. That we don’t get injured doing something stupid in the gym or that we know exactly what we’re doing when following a nutrition plan or taking a supplement.
The truth is that we all make mistakes. Some of which end us up seeking medical care to make sure we haven’t done irreparable harm to ourselves. In fact, these mistakes make us even better coaches.
But we hardly hear coaches sharing the mistakes and mishaps of self-experimentation.
In this episode, I get my friend former NFL linebacker turned Primal Living coach Joe Di Bernardo to come on as we share some of our recent mistakes we made while seeking optimal health and performance.
Joe Di Bernardo is a former NFL player, Primal Living Coach, and father. He’s passionate about helping people reclaim their health through principles of primal nutrition and lifestyle.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why your health & fitness journey will always be trial & error (4:30)
- The myth of the perfect fitness journey (4:47)
- Why your nutrition and workouts should evolve as your goals change (5:40)
- How Joe and Ted both ended up in the emergency room (6:50)
- Should I exercise while fasting? (10:19)
- Dangerous effects of electrolyte imbalance (16:45)
- How experience makes you a great teacher (21:00)
- Why you shouldn’t believe the shiny, happy Instagram posts and Facebooks Status updates (21:54)
- Joe’s biggest lesson from his fasting experience (23:20)
- How Ted ended up in the emergency room (25:22)
- The dangers of overtraining and extreme diets (28:00)
- Why paying attention to your body it’s essential while dieting (33:20)
- Why everyone needs a coach (34:19)
- How to avoid making big mistakes when experimenting with nutrition, training, supplements, etc. (43:37)
Connect with Joe:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to the ASK TED section.
Check out my video training, where I’ll walk you through the 5 Mistakes that almost everyone makes when trying to lose weight. To get access to this video training, you just need to fill out our 3-Min Survey.
Until next time!