Have you ever wanted to try meditation? Maybe you’ve heard of CEOs and high-level entrepreneurs extolling the benefits of meditation. Well, today’s episode is with Phra KK, the monk who leads the Monkchat meditation retreat in Wat Suandok Chiang Mai, Thailand. Gisele and I did the 1-day and then the 2-day meditation and had an incredible time. After the experience, I wanted to bring Phra KK on Legendary Life to give you a deeper understanding of the lives of monks in Thailand while giving you a taste of the power of meditation.
Phra KK has been a monk for 16 years. He grew up in the hills of Bangladesh and lost his mother when he was 8, and then was orphaned at 13. He started speaking to a monk about why he was feeling this pain after losing his mother and father. The Monk made him realize that he wasn’t the only one who had lost someone and that many people lost loved ones. Not long after that conversation, KK decided to become a Monk and has been one for 16 years. He has studied in Myanmar, India, Sri Lanka then I had an opportunity to come to Thailand.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
– How KK became a Buddhist monk (5:20)
– What it’s like to live like a monk (8:45)
– Why Western countries like the United States, the UK, Australia, and Canada have so much depression and anxiety (11:00)
– How to create balance between your mind and body (12:29)
– The 3 important training methods of Buddhism (13:15)
– Why we have so much stress, anxiety, and depression in Western countries (18:50)
– How to get started with meditation (even if you can’t sit still for 2 minutes) (19:07)
– Why Buddhism is NOT a religion and you don’t need to convert (23:00)
– How meditation “turns down the volume” on stress, anxiety, and anger (32:35)
– The two types of meditation (34:04)
– How to stop dwelling on your negative emotions (40:13)
– How to STOP negative feelings from taking over your day (45:23)
– The truth about suffering and death (47:15)
– What you should know about our attachment to our feelings and material possessions (49:23)
– The benefits of meditation (52:00)
– The 3 things you need to do to live a good life (59:00)
Connect with KK:
Want help becoming the healthiest, fittest, strongest version of yourself in your 40s & 50s?
Most people over 40 know that exercise, eating healthy, manage stress, and quality sleep are important elements for feeling better and achieving more in life. Yet they need help applying that knowledge in the context of their busy, sometimes stressful lives.
And I know there’s so much confusion in the fitness industry that makes you overwhelmed and confused about if you should do Keto or intermittent fasting or a low carb diet. If you need to join Crossfit, HIIT, or a Bootcamp to get back in shape.
The good news is it doesn’t have to be this hard.
Check out this masterclass I put together where I’ll share the exact strategies busy people like you are using to build a younger, leaner, and sexier body in their forties, fifties, and even sixties without joining exhausting Bootcamps or P90x, going on a detox cleanse, doing intermittent fasting, or any of those “quick fixes” that don’t work for the long-term success.
I’ll pull back the curtain and reveal exactly how our clients are creating the body and life they’ve always wanted by ignoring all the conventional wisdom. This is a limited-time masterclass. Click on the link below to sign up for this training now.