It’s been a while that I did a personal episode and today I want to talk to about how to boost your metabolism to burn more fat. But before I do that I want to acknowledge the people who signed up for the coaching group we launched. Thanks to everyone who joined that group and also I’m excited about the six new people that joined. Thank you for takings action and your commitment!
Now, in the last episode with Dr. Stephen Guyenet, Stephen and I talked about fat loss and how our brain regulates hunger. Today, I thought it would be great to talk about metabolism: What exactly is metabolism, the different components to it and how to really boost it based on evidence and not the hype you read in blogs.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What is metabolism (5:34)
- The 5 general metabolic components (6:18)
- What is the difference between slow & fast metabolism (10:17)
- Why it easier to lose weight when you’re overweight (13:39)
- 6 ways to naturally boost your metabolism (29:49)
- What is the thermic effect of feeding? (16:12)
- 5 reasons why protein is good for weight loss (18:57)
- Burn calories with NEAT – non-exercise activity thermogenesis (26:10)
- 6 Mistakes that slow down your metabolism (39:54)
Article: Let’s Cool It in the Bedroom
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below! If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to the ASK TED section.
Are you tired of following a fitness routine, eating healthier foods, and not be seeing the weight come off the way you hope? Take my FREE Quiz now and find out how to fix that today.
Until next time!