Prominent both the United States and across the globe, Charles is recognized as an authoritative coach and innovator in the field of human performance. His knowledge, skills, and reputation have led to appearances on NBC’s The TODAY Show and The CBS Early Show, along with numerous radio and podcast appearances. He has also authored more than a thousand articles for leading fitness publications and websites and has lectured to eager audiences around the World.
Often referred to as a visionary, an iconoclast and a rule-breaker, his methods are leading-edge and ahead of their time, capable of quickly producing serious results. Charles is not only a thinker, but also a doer: At age 57, he competes in the sport of raw powerlifting and is a 3-time World Champion.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What does it mean to be fit (6:34)
- Why we need to sit less and move more (9:26)
- 5 tips to prevent injuries when you exercise (13:53)
- Moderation: The key to longevity (15:57)
- 4 things you need to know about getting fit (18:30)
- How to choose the right workout for you (19:39)
- No pain no gain? Discomfort, ‘good pain’ and knowing when to stop (39:03)
- How and when to deload (31:32)
- The truth about low-carb diets (49:43)
- Why getting fit requires social support (64:38)
- Why individualized coaching matters for fitness success (69:09)
- It’s important to create your own definition of fitness.
- Being in optimal shape is not necessarily congruent with longevity.
- It is important to have a coach to get faster and better results.
Connect with Charles:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below! If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to the ASK TED section.
Check out my brand new video training series, where I’ll walk you through the 3-Step formula to lose 7 pounds in 2 weeks (without starvation or insane workouts), you can learn the 7 fat loss strategies that will help you finally create that energetic, lean body you’ve always wanted.
Until next time!