In today’s episode, Ted interviews Keith Norris, the co-founder of Paleo f(x)—the largest Paleo convention in the world. He made his transition from corporate America to following his passion of inspiring people to live healthier lives using ancestral health.
In this session, Keith shared the more personal aspects of his life and journey from being an athlete, a veteran, and working in a Big Pharma to finally achieving success with Paleo f(x) and his gym business Efficient Exercise. He is also a blogger and has a manufacturing company that produces some proprietary exercise equipment.
Moreover, he emphasized that the thrust of the whole conference is not just health but addresses the mental, physical, spiritual, emotional, financial and relational health that truly makes human beings thrive. He also talks about the false economy that is created when “healthcare” is about profiting from a sick and unhealthy population. You’ll learn how to break the bonds that are keeping you stuck in an overstressed, unhealthy modern lifestyle to living how the human body was designed to with Ancestral Health practices.
“You have to create your own reality and bust out of that reality that the system is trying to keep you in.” Tweet Quote
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How did he go from strength and conditioning coach to Paleo advocate (04:32)
- His big pharmaceutical industry experience (11:51)
- What is holistic health and why it’s important (14:28)
- Why are we so fat (21:55)
- What motivated him to create the Paleo f(x) event (26:56)
- How Paleo Diet and Primal Living can affect your life (35:24)
- 5 Things you should know about stress and your health (42:26)
- Why we get sick (59:23)
- 3 Pieces of advice for all Millennials (01:03:04)
- The biggest reason why you should go to Paleo F(x) (01:10:08)
Connect with Keith:
“Although not everyone is an entrepreneur, you have to think like an entrepreneur in today’s day and age.” – Keith NorrisTweet Quote
1. How our social networks have such a profound influence on us. If you’re hanging around with people who don’t aspire to, then don’t be surprised if you’re unable to get ahead in life and achieve the goals you set for yourself. You need to get around people who inspire you, who motivate you, who share the same types of goals.
Do you have a strong support group? It doesn’t have to be an online entrepreneur or meet up group unless that’s the area you’re in. Maybe it can be a church group for you, some type of a workout group or a public speaking group like Toastmasters. Just make sure you get around people who are pushing you forward and support you. There is nothing worse than getting motivated but feeling like the people in your life hold you back.
2. The evolutionary perspective is about understanding how human beings are wired. Whether you believe in the theory of evolution or not, human beings come pre-programmed. For example, you need to breathe air, drink water, eat food, move your body, sleep and more to be healthy. There’s no getting around those facts. But if you think that those are the only things you need to be happy then you should look a little deeper.
There’s even research showing how negative people in our lives bring us down—even if you’re mostly surrounded by positive people. And there’s never going to be a time where you’re going to be able to thrive around negative people. Start using an evolutionary lens on other areas of your life and not just the health and fitness parts. You don’t always need to live like a caveman, but learning the rules of what makes a human being thrive physically, mentally and emotionally can make it more clear what you need to do to level up your life from where you are now.
The Legendary Fat Loss Blueprint
Keep these takeaways in mind. Those are the reasons I’m finishing the Legendary Fat Loss Blueprint. It’s designed to help you burn fat at the fastest possible rate for your body while maintaining every ounce of your hard-earned muscle. I even tested it on real people just like you.
Why you should buy the Legendary Rapid Fat Loss Blueprint?
You’ve heard of low-carb diets. You know about high-protein diets. Both work, but neither is ideal.
That’s why we took the best parts of each diet and fused them into the ultimate rapid fat loss plan.
The Legendary Rapid Fat Loss Blueprint helps easily control your calories — so you don’t need to count them — and also creates the optimal hormonal environment to burn fat.
This strategic combination takes the brakes off your fat loss and delivers the fast results you want.
Don’t confuse rapid weight loss with a starvation diet, which causes your muscles to waste away along with the fat. The Legendary Fat Loss Blueprint is nothing like that.
If you want to start losing now, sign up for the Waiting List!
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below! If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to the ASK TED section.
Check out the first video in this free training series, where I’ll walk you through a 5-Fitness Mistakes You Don’t Know You’re Making (and how to fix them), you can learn how to avoid those mistakes right now and get better results at the gym.
Until next time!