The author of _F*ck Your Feelings_ and the host of The Better Human Project podcast, Ryan Munsey is a high-performance consultant, and thought leader in the wellness and personal development space.
He has worked with professional and Olympic athletes, Navy SEALs, and entrepreneurs – helping them optimize their minds and bodies, win medals, further careers, and build multiple 6-figure businesses. His work has been featured in Fortune Magazine, Men’s Health, Men’s Fitness.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
– What Ryan’s been up to since he was last on Legendary Life (7:21)
– Why being a healthy human being is more than nutrition and fitness (9:16)
– How to prevent health & fitness from taking over your life (12:13)
– The neuroscience of how we make decisions (14:35)
– Want to be happy? Don’t follow your feelings (16:00)
– The difference between feelings and emotions (19:38)
– Forget positive thinking: This is how to actually change negative thinking immediately (21:10)
– How does the brain affect our behavior (22:55)
– Food cravings are not your fault. Here’s why. (23:39)
– How our evolutionary wiring is mismatched with our modern day environment (28:18)
– Why our brains are like advanced computers running on an old operating system (30:53)
– How to stop procrastinating now (32:31)
– The difference between personality traits (34:55)
– Several systems to measure our stress levels with HRV and polyvagal theory (39:56)
– How to Calm Nerves & Manage Stress (42:52)
– Is Motivation Useless? (49:39)
– How to create a stress management routine (55:23)
– What “choice architecture” is and how to use it to improve your life (58:12)
Our Patreon Campaign: Patreon.com/legendarylife
Connect with Ryan:
Want help becoming the healthiest, fittest, strongest version of you in 2018?
Most people know that exercise, eating well, and quality sleep are important for looking and feeling better. Yet they need help applying that knowledge in the context of their busy, sometimes stressful lives.
That’s why we created our brand new Patreon Campaign to help you lose fat, get fit, and optimize your health in 2018…even if you’re busy or think you’re too “over the hill.”
PLUS: when you buy one of our products at a discounted rate, you support the show and help us create better, quality, life-changing content for you.