Today’s technology offers all kinds of opportunities. But smart technology has more to offer than just the virtual world. Health and fitness apps are changing the way people engage with their wellbeing and helping them upgrade their life. In this special episode, my guest Tim Chang, talks about how ancient wisdom meets cutting-edge technology to help busy people like you and me take our lives to the next level. Listen Now!
Tim is a proven venture investor and experienced global executive. He has been named to the Forbes Midas list and received the Gamification Summit award for Special Achievement in the Industry. Tim leads Mayfield’s consumer investing practice which focuses on areas such as the Internet of Things, consumerized health & wellness, crowd-sourcing, collaborative consumption, mobile-first service and product marketplaces, vertical communities, and enabling platforms and services. Tim has over a decade of investment experience with firms such as Norwest Venture Partners & Gabriel Venture Partners. His operational experience includes working in Japan for Gateway Inc and as a trilingual Engineer for General Motors, where he led project teams in China, Korea, and Japan.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
– Why you should blur the lines between work and play [5:20]
– 2 Success lessons from Silicon Valley [6:30]
– Why experiencing failures leads to greater success [8:25]
– What your “Hero’s Journey” is and why it’s important [10:48]
– Why thinking outside the box with how you challenge yourself can lead to impressive results [12:50]
– How wellness technology can help you achieve your health & fitness goals faster than ever before [16:50]
– How tracking your food leads to a better awareness and better health [17:35]
– Why biohacking technology can speed up your results [20:20]
– Why love or fear are the two human operating modes [26:05]
– The importance of flow states [27:33]
– You know what six-pack abs are…but what would a mental, emotional or spiritual sixpack look like? [30:15]
– Why you should meditate and how to get started [33:00]
– How even the most successful people still battle depression and self-doubt [34:50]
– Why you should be more intentional with who you spend time with [36:30]
– What Silicon Valley’s smartest do for peak performance [39:20]
– How artificial intelligence and synthetic biology will revolutionize our lives as we know it [46:38]
Connect with Tim:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
If you’re ready to have the body you deserve and get in control of your health and fitness once and for all, you should watch our new FREE Masterclass: Fit Over 40: How To Lose Fat, Build Strength, And Live A Healthier Life In Your 40s & 50s!
In this brand new masterclass you will learn everything you need to create a leaner, stronger, and healthier body even if you’re injured, unmotivated, or super busy.