By: Miami Beach Personal Trainer Ted Ryce
What you choose to eat is one of the most powerful ways you can change your physiology. Although many people no what not to eat, what many don’t understand is that great nutrition goes beyond that. I’m a big fan of “super-food” nutrition. This simply means choosing to eat nutrient-dense foods so that you get the most bang for you Caloric buck.
The Super-Food Salad is one of my go-to meals. Why? Because it’s easy to make and great for you. Salads in particular are an excellent opportunity to pile on some nutritious vegetables, health fats, and lean protein. This makes an awesome lunch or dinner.
Add in order:
– 2 cups (1 cup for women) of kale or spinach
– 8 ounces (4 ounces for women) of precooked lean protein e.g. grass-fed sirloin steak, free-range chicken, wild-caught tuna *Women use 4 ounces
– 1/2 a hass avocado
– 1 small handful of nuts/seeds such as pumpkin seeds, brazil nuts, almonds, pecans
– 1 small handful of Goji berries
– 2 tablespoons of Bragg’s Organic Greek Olive Oil
– 1 tablespoon of Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Vinegar or Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar
– small pinch of sea salt (I use Himalayan Crystal Salt, just don’t use regular table salt)
I recommend using organic vegetables and free-range/grass-fed meats if you can. If organic isn’t in your budget or there’s no organic market close by, don’t sweat it. Just do the best you can. Try it and let me know what you think in the comment section below.