Tony Federico is the host of the Paleo Magazine Radio podcast and author of “Paleo Grilling – A Modern Caveman’s Guide to Cooking with Fire.”
He earned his degree in Exercise Science from the University of Florida and is an American College of Sports Medicine certified Health and Fitness Specialist. Over the past eight years, he has worked with clients ranging from from professional athletes to paraplegics.
He believes in the innate intelligence and logic of the body and thinks that restoring health is a matter of working with, not against, our biology. His writing has been featured in publications such as WOD Talk and Paleo Magazine and he has been a speaker and panelist at The Ancestral Health Symposium as well as Paleo f(X).
In this episode you will learn:
- Why humans are animals and just like other animals have diets, there’s a diet for humans
- What type of diet works best for people (humans)
- Why we’re not designed to eat the processed foods of modern life
- What the “diseases of civilization” are and why they may be related to what you eat
- How to deal with food cravings
- What to do if you struggle with food
- Why you should take the paleo 30-day challenge
- Why you don’t have to be 100% paleo
- Paleo 101 principles that you can use right now
- What your plate should look like with paleo
- Common misconceptions of eating paleo
- Why chronic disease like diabetes and heart disease are a product of modern society
- How to get started with grilling
- What humans are designed to eat
- The importance of cooking to the development humankind
Connect with Tony:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to the ASK TED section.
Don’t forget to visit our FREE 30-DAY CHALLENGE and join us to change your health, body, and live a Legendary Life.
Until next time!