In 2019, around 40% of adults in the United States were estimated to be obese. Many people blame obesity on poor dietary choices and inactivity, but it’s not always that simple. In this episode, fat loss and health expert Ted reveals other factors that can have powerful effects on body weight and obesity and compelling reasons to help you understand if obesity is a choice or a disease. Listen Now!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What is obesity? [04:44-05:25]
- Obesity causes [06:42-09:49]
- Foundational principles to understand yourself, obesity & fat loss [10:04-32:31]
- What is homeostasis [10:18-11:22]
- The new theory on weight loss [11:23-18:47]
- Role of Leptin hormone in obesity [18:48-23:46]
- Know your brain: Reward system [23:47-28:01]
- Reward pathway in the brain [25:16-28:01]
- How to avoid overeating in anticipation [28:01-32:31]
- The end of overeating [33:51-57:49]
- What are the executive functions of Prefrontal Cortex [36:10-37:23]
- How obesity affects your Prefrontal Cortex [37:23-39:02]
- The biggest stress in most people’s lives [41:07-45:17]
- How is sleep related to obesity [45:18-46:53]
- Why you should master your hunger [46:54-47:35]
- Why you should exercise daily [47:36-49:34]
- How social support affects your body weight [49:35-57:49]
- And much more…
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Instagram handle so we can thank you personally!
Organifi (Use Code TED20 to save 20%)
Do you need help to create a leaner, younger, and healthier body during this challenging time?
If you choose to prioritize wellness in the middle of this crisis, you’re in the right place.
My team and I have been working on this brand new FREE 7-Day Comeback Challenge created specifically to help you thrive during these unprecedented times… and starts on Sept 18th.
(No strings attached – this is simply the best way I know to help my Legendary Life family succeed right now.)
Attention: A week from now, you’ll know what to eat, how much to eat, and how to exercise to get the leaner, stronger & energetic body you’ve always wanted even after the pandemic. The choice is yours.