Our most precious resource is not time, but how to focus our attention. In these challenging times, it’s easy to stay unfocused and lose control of our emotions. In this Real Talk Friday episode, Ted Ryce explains the principles of emotional regulation, how to get them under control and finally thrive in your career and life. Listen now!
- 5 Powerful strategies to overcome negative emotions [09:13-44:24]
- Self-consciousness and self-awareness [09:17-]
- Where do negative emotions come from [04:09-5:20]
- The 7-day thought record exercise [13:02-13:52]
- Grounding techniques & self-soothing for emotional regulation [13:53-20:46]
- Facing your fears will strengthen your resilience [20:47-31:24]
- The science of fear [25:46-31:24]
- Focusing on your physical health is the key to manage your negative emotions [31:25-38:18]
- Brainwashing yourself for success [38:18-42:30]
- Ted’s favorite books list [42:31-44:15]
- Today’s Buddhist secrets [44:25-45:09]
- And much more…
The War of Art book by Steven Pressfield
Dare to Lead book by Brene Brown
Leaders Eat Last book by Simon Sinek
The Wedge book by Scott Carney
What Doesn’t Kill Us book by Scott Carney
Stealing Fire book by Steven Kotler
Getting Unstuck book by Pema Chodron
Can you Help Me Improve The Legendary Life Podcast & Serve You Better?
I want to ensure my podcast does the best possible job of answering your needs and interests. And that means I need to know more about you. To do that, I’ve created my 2021 Listener Survey.
Would you please take a few minutes to fill out the survey? When you answer my survey, you will be helping me create content even more interesting and relevant to you.
Your input is important to me. The survey is easy to fill out, and the results are completely anonymous. I can’t tell who said what. And you can finish in less than five minutes.