Many people are looking to eat healthy these days. The problem is, most are highly uninformed about what to buy and what to eat. Many myths and conspiracy theories abound in the food industry, and in this episode, Lisa McGurk is here to educate us on what is really going on behind the scenes.
Lisa McGurk is one of Ted’s coaching clients with an insider’s view of what really goes on behind the food industry. She works at Blueberry, a marketing and sensory research company that works with various manufacturers of food, health and beauty, and even with major Fortune 500 companies.
Her profession allows her to work with these companies’ innovation teams, marketing teams, R&D, and food science. Having worked with these companies, Lisa has valuable knowledge that can change the way you think about food.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why it’s important to take a balanced approach on what you consume [6:35]
- How consumers’ confusion on food plays a big role in how food companies conduct their business [12:10]
- How the difference of markets in many countries direct how companies present their products [14: 16]
- The changes in consumer behaviors and how companies are trying to catch up [16:51]
- The mismatch between what consumers say they want and their actual consumption behaviors [19:40]
- What “Clean Label” really is [20:00]
- The struggles food companies have had in recent years to make a shift [24:22]
- The true dynamic of the food industry [28:33]
- What you should know about how to buy your food [30:30]
- What got Lisa to change the way she buys food [34:05]
- The importance of adding effective exercise to your routine [38:50]
- The power of choice to overcome the power of marketing [42:00]
- The ways millennials have affected change in the food industry [46:21]
- The way to take back control of your life [49:41]
- Why change is difficult at first but worth it in the long run [52:38]
Connect with Lisa:
Want help becoming the healthiest, fittest, strongest version of yourself in your 40s & 50s?
Most people over 40 know that exercise, eating healthy, manage stress, and quality sleep are important elements for feeling better and achieving more in life. Yet they need help applying that knowledge in the context of their busy, sometimes stressful lives.
And I know there’s so much confusion in the fitness industry that makes you overwhelmed and confused about if you should do Keto or intermittent fasting or a low carb diet. If you need to join Crossfit, HIIT, or a Bootcamp to get back in shape.
The good news is it doesn’t have to be this hard.
Check out this masterclass I put together where I’ll share the exact strategies busy people like you are using to build a younger, leaner, and sexier body in their forties, fifties, and even sixties without joining exhausting Bootcamps or P90x, going on a detox cleanse, doing intermittent fasting, or any of those “quick fixes” that don’t work for the long-term success.
I’ll pull back the curtain and reveal exactly how our clients are creating the body and life they’ve always wanted by ignoring all the conventional wisdom. This is a limited-time masterclass. Click on the link below to sign up for this training now.