You probably learned how to exercise by reading blog posts, magazines, and following online workouts. Some of them got it right. Most of them definitely got it wrong. In this episode, our special guest Borge Fagerli, reveals seven fitness and healthy lifestyle secrets that will help you get better results at the gym.
Borge Fagerli is considered one of the most knowledgeable trainers on nutrition and exercise in Norway. He has developed Myo-Reps and the Biorythm diet. Børge runs his own coaching company Børge Fagerli Coaching Inc.
Børge has coached people engaged in disciplines ranging from long distance running and various sports to fitness, bodybuilding, powerlifting and strongman. Under his tutelage, average performers have turned into National and World Champions. His coaching philosophy is figuring out how to make each individual person the best they can be.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
– How Borge got into the fitness industry (3:00)
– Why Arnold Schwarzenneger’s bodybuilding routine won’t work for you (5:00)
– Why it’s difficult to figure out which diet and workout will work for your individual situation (6:15)
– Why some people get great results from a workout while others don’t (8:42)
– What f*ckarounditis is and how to avoid it (10:33)
– A little-known workout “secret” that will lead to better results (12:55)
– Does higher testosterone lead to better results in the gym? Here’s your answer (15:28)
– How sleep deprivation affects fat loss and building muscle (19:18)
– What social jetlag is and why it’s ruining your results (21:00)
– What you should know about doing more than one set of an exercise (30:40)
– Why doing more sets or more exercise may lead to worse results (31:42)
– How a stressful lifestyle can stop your progress in the gym (33:56)
– The right way to perform your sets for optimal muscle growth (38:12)
– What myo reps are and how to perform them the right way (40:00)
– Which exercises work best for performing myo reps (46:28)
– A sample program for you to try out (48:54)
– Why lifting lighter earlier in the week and heavier later in the week may be more beneficial (51:15)
– A simple test to see if you’re recovered from your workout (54:23)
– Borge’s thought on heart rate variability (HRV) (57:11)
– How to use myo reps to build your glutes (1:01:14)
– Common mistakes people make when using myo reps (1:02:21)
– The best time to use myo reps in your workouts (1:03:50)
Connect with Borge:
Want help becoming the healthiest, fittest, strongest version of you in 2018?
Most people know that exercise, eating well, and quality sleep are important for looking and feeling better. Yet they need help applying that knowledge in the context of their busy, sometimes stressful lives.
That’s why we created our brand new Patreon Campaign to help you lose fat, get fit, and optimize your health in 2018…even if you’re busy or think you’re too “over the hill.”
PLUS: when you buy one of our products at a discounted rate, you support the show and help us create better, quality, life-changing content for you.