Dr. Brad Dieter is a Research Fellow at Sacred Heart Medical Research. His research is focused on discovering novel therapies of diabetic kidney disease. In his quest for a therapeutic agent he adopts a bench to bedside approach adeptly utilizing molecular biology and biostatistics. His long-term career goals include leading a research team to make major inroads in health care and improve treatment options for chronic disease.
In addition to his lab and biostatistics work Brad is passionate about scientific outreach and making inroads with the public through media. Nutrition is one of the biggest issues in our current environment as well as one of Brad’s passion. The need for better public awareness and understanding, along with this desire to educate and inspire, Brad created Science-Driven Nutrition, an online platform to deliver science-based nutrition advice to the public.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The impact of modern technology on health (10:39)
- Sedentary lifestyle health risks (11:59)
- The addiction potential of hyper-palatable foods (13:11)
- Metabolism and weight loss: How you burn calories (13:40)
- Walking vs. going to the gym (18:00)
- The truth about the thyroid and weight gain (22:48)
- Understanding eating triggers (33:22)
- 3 Signs your hormones are out of balance (26:50)
- How your environment can influence your eating habits (28:36)
- Quality vs. quantity: Which one is better for fat loss (36:15)
- Dieter top 3 fitness trends (54:21)
“For people who are looking to lose weight, I say spend more time walking and less time in the gym because that’s really what adds up that calorie expenditure.” Tweet Quote
Connect with Dr. Dieter:
Check out our Cyber Monday Deals with up to 75% off on our Best Selling Products!
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below! If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to the ASK TED section.
Are you tired of following a fitness routine, eating healthier foods, and not be seeing the weight come off the way you hope? Take my FREE Quiz now and find out how to fix that today.
Until next time!