Dr. Brad Dieter is a Research Fellow at Sacred Heart Medical Research. His research is focused on discovering novel therapies of diabetic kidney disease. In his quest for a therapeutic agent he adopts a bench to bedside approach adeptly utilizing molecular biology and biostatistics. His long-term career goals include leading a research team to make major inroads in health care and improve treatment options for chronic disease.
In addition to his lab and biostatistics work Brad is passionate about scientific outreach and making inroads with the public through media. Nutrition is one of the biggest issues in our current environment as well as one of Brad’s passion. The need for better public awareness and understanding, along with this desire to educate and inspire, Brad created Science-Driven Nutrition, an online platform to deliver science-based nutrition advice to the public.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The impact of modern technology on health (10:39)
- Sedentary lifestyle health risks (11:59)
- The addiction potential of hyper-palatable foods (13:11)
- Metabolism and weight loss: How you burn calories (13:40)
- Walking vs. going to the gym (18:00)
- The truth about the thyroid and weight gain (22:48)
- Understanding eating triggers (33:22)
- 3 Signs your hormones are out of balance (26:50)
- How your environment can influence your eating habits (28:36)
- Quality vs. quantity: Which one is better for fat loss (36:15)
- Dieter top 3 fitness trends (54:21)
[tweet_box design=”box_12_at” float=”none” author=”Dr. Brad Dieter” pic_url=”http://sigmanutrition.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/brad-dieter-1.jpg”]“For people who are looking to lose weight, I say spend more time walking and less time in the gym because that’s really what adds up that calorie expenditure.”[/tweet_box]
Connect with Dr. Dieter:
Check out our Cyber Monday Deals with up to 75% off on our Best Selling Products!