Can you help your brain stay healthy as you age by doing things that challenge your mind? Could that also help you avoid memory loss, or even prevent or delay dementia such as Alzheimer’s? In this episode, host Ted Ryce explains the latest research on how exercise, nutrition, stress, and depression can affect brain function and how you can boost your brain health and fight dementia. Listen now!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What is Dementia? [04:24-09:12]
- Cognitive functions of the brain [04:52-08:19]
- Executive functions of the brain [05:57-07:28]
- Social functions of the brain [07:28-07:57]
- How cognitive functions link to physical functions [08:19-09:12]
- How to boost brain health and reduce dementia [09:12-41:10]
- Is dementia part of aging: What’’ normal and what is not?[09:23-10:19]
- Exercise and brain health [10:58-16:21]
- Are superfoods essential for brain health? [16:22-19:37]
- Are Omega-3 fatty acids, coconut oil a cure for dementia? [19:37-20:23]
- What are the best supplements for the cognitive deficit? [20:24-21:28]
- Can blood vessels in the brain cause dementia or strokes [21:30-23:00]
- Is there a link between alcohol or smoking and dementia [24:15-28:40]
- What is Cognitive Reserve and how to build it [28:41-32:37]
- Social isolation and the risk of dementia [32:38-37:40]
- What are the chances of developing Alzheimer’s disease [36:21-37:40]
- Is there a link between depression or stress levels and dementia [37:40-41:10]
- Recap of this episode [41:13-45:53]
- And much more…
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Instagram handle so we can thank you personally!
Organifi (Use Code TED20 to save 20%)
Do you need help to create a leaner, younger, and healthier body during this challenging time?
If you choose to prioritize wellness in the middle of this crisis, you’re in the right place.
My team and I have been working on this brand new FREE 7-Day Comeback Challenge created specifically to help you thrive during these unprecedented times… and starts on Sept 18th.
(No strings attached – this is simply the best way I know to help my Legendary Life family succeed right now.)
Attention: A week from now, you’ll know what to eat, how much to eat, and how to exercise to get the leaner, stronger & energetic body you’ve always wanted even after the pandemic. The choice is yours.