Tony Gentilcore is one of the co-founders of Cressey Sports Performance, which really should have been called “Cressilcore Sports Performance” because that sounds like an awesome castle where a wizard lives (and plays sports).
When he’s not picking things up and putting them down, he trains top-level athletes and clients in Boston, MA, contributes to the top fitness magazines and websites around, and sets up a camera in his garage to record his lightsaber skills.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why most people plateau in the gym
- 3 Ways to get faster results from your workouts
- How to avoid the #1 mistake most guys make in the gym
- High reps, low reps? Which rep scheme is best?
- The “train hard=>get hurt=>go to physical therapy” cycle
- Why you should set a performance-based goal
- Why effective workouts don’t have to be complicated
- Most common mistakes personal trainers often make
- Quality vs Quantity: Movement maters
- Why strength is the foundation of your fitness
- Why modern life sets you up for injury
- How to deal with shoulder pain
- How to workout with an injury
- Why the skill of coaching is underrated
Connect with Tony:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to the ASK TED section.
Don’t forget to visit our FREE 30-DAY CHALLENGE and join us to change your health, body, and live a Legendary Life.
Until next time!