With over 13 years of personal and team training, strength coaching, and nutritional counseling experience, Dr. Joel Seedman works with a wide variety of clientele–from amateur to professional athletes, and from adolescent to elderly individuals. Dr. Seedman takes a holistic approach to training, incorporating the best of neuromuscular physiology, motor learning, exercise physiology, sports nutrition and supplementation, biomechanics, sport psychology, bioenergetics, arthrokinematics, and functional anatomy to aid his clients.
In addition to working with clients, Dr. Seedman also continues to research, identify, and write about the best and most effective training techniques for optimizing performance, fitness, and health. His writings are featured in national publications and are recognized as among the very best in the industry.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How NFL athletes really train (06:11)
- How to determine your muscle fiber type (18:20)
- Lab tests vs. real world training (21:08)
- 5 Ways to reach your genetic potential (25:25)
- How much does genetics really affect your fitness (11:48)
- What actually causes strength and muscle growth (30:50)
- How excessive exercise impacts inflammation (31:56)
- Importance of movement quality (44:21)
- 6 Ways to gain muscle by doing LESS strength training (51:38)
- 3 Ways to decrease excessive inflammation (40:06)
- The top 10 supplements to build muscle and improve performance (53:43)
1. Are your workouts making you strong? Are they helping you look and feel better? If you are not getting results something is wrong and it’s time to try something different or get professional help from a coach.
Connect with Dr. Seedman
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below! If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to the ASK TED section.
Check out the first video in this free training series, where I’ll walk you through a 5-Fitness Mistakes You Don’t Know You’re Making (and how to fix them), you can learn how to avoid those mistakes right now and get better results at the gym.
Until next time!