While it’s clear that diet can affect longevity, there’s great uncertainty about which combinations of foods are best for attaining a long and healthy life. In this episode, our special guest Dr. Stuart Phillips reveals the latest research on protein as a key nutrient for muscle health and longevity. Listen Now!
Brief Bio: Dr. Stuart Phillips is a Professor at the Department of Kinesiology, Director at The McMaster Physical Activity Centre of Excellence, a tier 1 Canada Research Chair (CRC) in skeletal muscle health in aging, a key opinion leader in protein science for exercise, weight loss, and aging, and President and CEO of NutriFitEx Consulting Ltd, specializing in scientific strategies for product innovation in nutrition and exercise science.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Insights on aging well [05:37-08:09]
- Why 120 is the maximum lifespan of a human [08:31-11:19
- The 3 cornerstones of aging well [11:20-11:30]
- The importance of nutrient-dense foods in elderly [11:32-13:33]
- What’s more important: exercise or diet[15:02-18:58]
- The effects of hyper-palatable foods [19:15-23:47]
- What’re the optimal nutrients? [23:59-28:59]
- Protein and its role in healthy aging [28:11-32:15]
- How to be mildly insulin resistance [32:16-44:51]
- Guidelines and dosage of physical activity [43:35-44:08]
- Want to live longer? The optimal amount of exercise revealed [44:53-51:07]
- Who lives longer: endurance athletes Vs average active person [51:11-54:02]
- The importance of staying socially connected & its connection with longevity [54:05-01:00:13]
- Can relationships boosts longevity and well being [01:02:35-01:03:05]
- Takeaways from this episode [01:04:33-01:05:15]
- And much more…
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Instagram handle so we can thank you personally!
Like This Show? Support Our Podcast By Leaving Us a Review & Subscribing to Our Podcast!
If you’d like to support and help grow the Legendary Life Podcast, one of the easiest ways to do so is to take two minutes right now and leave a review of the podcast over on iTunes or your preferred podcast platform
Because the more reviews the show gets, the more people will find it and listen. And the more people who listen, the bigger this movement will get.
Together we can change the conversation around reclaiming your health, creating the body you deserve, and living a legendary life!