Dr. Kirk Parsley, MD, who served as the Naval Special Warfare’s expert on Sleep Medicine and is certified in hormonal modulation lecturing extensively on sleep, wellness, and hormonal optimization. He is working on a book on sleep optimization, also gave a TEDxReno talk on the subject of sleep called America’s biggest problem.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Sleep and hormones. What’s the connection?
- Do we need “evolutionary medicine”?
- Are sleeping pills really that bad for your health?
- Why people are resistant to the “sleep message”
- Sleep deficit: The performance killer
- Why sleep isn’t a luxury
- How lack of sleep can cause you to gain weight
- Why you can’t “biohack” sleep loss
- The #1 key to getting a good night of sleep
- The best sleep app
- Using sleep tracker apps to help you sleep better
- Healthcare vs disease-care
Connect with Dr. Parsley:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to the ASK TED section.
Check out our free training series, where I’ll walk you through 17 ways to eat, move, and sleep better. Click here, to get the free training and transform your health, body, and life now.
Until next time!