Brad Thorpe RTSm, MATCS is the Co-Founder of Striation 6 Exercise and Performance Centre. He is a 3-time patent holder, creator of ISOPHIT™ and the Isometric Training System™. With over 20 years experience within the exercise industry Brad is recognized for his expertise in the area of human performance, rehabilitation and isometric exercise. Brad has been the special guest speaker for internationally recognized organizations such as Major League Baseball’s Toronto Blue Jays, Hockey Canada’s Program of Excellence, Robert Half International, the Toronto Police Athletic Association, Lululemon, the Running Room and the University of Toronto.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Muscle Activation Techniques: What is it and how can it benefit me?
- How isometric exercise affects blood pressure
- The truth behind isometric training
- What’s the difference between yielding and unyielding isometrics
- Why your “Max” isn’t your max
- Why Isometrics may be “the fountain of youth”
- Practical examples of how to use isometrics in your workout
- The critical importance of neck and head training in sports
- How muscle imbalances wear out your joints
- How to overcome tendon pain with isometrics
- How isometric exercise played a part in Peyton Manning’s neck rehabilitation
Connect with Brad:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to the ASK TED section.
Until next time!