Alex Viada, NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and USA Triathlon Coach, is the founder and co-owner of Complete Human Performance. A lifelong athlete, he has participated and competed in nearly every sport imaginable (some with greater success than others), since being dragged to his first swim meet when he was four years old.
Alex has close to 13 years of personal training and coaching experience with over 300 athletes of all ages and levels, in sports ranging from bodybuilding to ultra running to triathlon to cycling to powerlifting. He has also prepared close to 40 individuals for Ranger School, SFAS, BUD/s, and other selective military programs.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What does healthy look like?
- Why high-intensity exercise isn’t as good as you think
- The truth about heart rate
- 3 Ways to make your heart stronger
- Health benefits of aerobic exercise
- How far do you need to run to get the benefits
- Workout alternatives to running
- How to start running
- How important is VO2max?
- How to train without a heart-rate monitor
- The two most important parts of training
- The essentials of “Hybrid Training”
- Should you be eating clean?
- Hormone therapy: Is it right for you?
- Is testosterone therapy safe?
Connect with Alex:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to the ASK TED section.
Don’t forget to visit our FREE 30-DAY CHALLENGE and join us to change your health, body, and live a Legendary Life.
Until next time!