Dr. Anna Akbari is a sociologist, entrepreneur, innovation consultant, and writer. She is a former professor in the department of Media, Culture, and Communication and the department of Art and Art Professions at New York University, as well as the Art and Design History and Theory department at Parsons The New School for Design. Her research focuses on visual and virtual self-presentation, technology and human intersects, dating and interpersonal relationships, and happiness and well-being.
Akbari is the founder of Sociology of Style, which takes an intelligent approach to image and well-being and offers holistic image consulting and life coaching services. She also created the Sociology of TV, which offers videos and white papers on the social significance of television media in public spaces.
A prominent thought leader, she is a frequent guest and writer for such outlets as TED, CNN, The Atlantic, DailyWorth, The Bulletproof Executive, Huffington Post, and the Financial Times, as well as a keynote speaker and lecturer at universities, professional conferences, and corporate events.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- 3 Powerful habits to optimize your life (10:14)
- Why positive thinking is not enough (11:18)
- How to embrace failure in order to become successful (12:50)
- Why the biggest risk is not taking one (15:00)
- Why age is really just a number when it comes to success (31:30)
- 3 Tips for a lasting, loving relationship (33:01)
- Why do so many people hate their jobs (18:56)
- The importance of play in our adult life (16:45)
- Why instant gratification doesn’t create lasting happiness (27:23)
- 5 things you can learn from pick-up artists (38:50)
Connect with Anna:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below! If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to the ASK TED section.
Are you tired of following a fitness routine, eating healthier foods, and not be seeing the weight come off the way you hope? Take my FREE Quiz now and find out how to fix that today.
Until next time!