Emily Fletcher is a meditation teacher with extensive training in Vedic meditation. She began her nine years of training in Rishikesh, India and was inspired to teach after experiencing the profound physical and mental benefits meditation provided her during her 10-year career on Broadway, which included roles in Chicago, The Producers & A Chorus Line.
Emily is the founder of Ziva Meditation and the creator of zivaMIND, the world’s first online meditation training. Ziva’s mission is to make meditation attractive and accessible to modern people who are ready to up-level their performance and their life.
Recently featured in The New York Times and regarded as one of the leading experts in Vedic meditation, companies like Google, Barclays Bank, Viacom, Chanel, Coca-Cola and sweetgreen have all invited Emily to help up-level company performance through meditation.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why meditation is critical for high-performers (5:53)
- What does neuroscience know about meditation (6:21)
- 5 Ways meditation can improve your sleep quality (19:20)
- Software (mind) vs hardware (physical body) upgrades for your body (16:40)
- Why you should stop reading books and start listening to podcasts (22:50)
- How meditation can remove years of stress from your body (39:30)
- Why meditating like a monk may not be the best advice (26:19)
- How meditation can reshape your brain (27:23)
- Why exercise, Tai Chi, Yoga, etc. is NOT meditation (41:50)
- 8 Tips to get started with meditation (32:50)
*Use the promo code TED for $51 off
Connect with Emily:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below! If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to the ASK TED section.
Are you tired of following a fitness routine, eating healthier foods, and not be seeing the weight come off the way you hope? Take my FREE Quiz now and find out how to fix that today.
Until next time!