Every day we make choices—about what to buy or eat, about financial investments or our children’s health and education, etc. Unfortunately, we often choose poorly. In this episode, Ted Ryce will talk about how we make these choices and how we can use sensible “choice architecture” to nudge people toward the best decisions for their health, wealth, and happiness. Listen Now!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Behavioral economics versus traditional economics [02:26-05:08]
- Nudge theory or choice architecture [05:09-08:28]
- Why humans prefers simplicity [08:29-12:35]
- The underlying principles of why can’t we just make a better decision [12:36-31:45]
- Hot and cold cognition [16:08-31:45]
- The Jobs theory [31:45-35:52]
- How to change behavior to achieve your goals better [35:56-44:23]
- Working with individual’s health beliefs and behaviors [38:51-40:02]
- Shifting the goal from outcome focus to progress and process focus [42:25-44:23]
- The recap to behavior changes to achieve goals [44:23-47:42]
- Understanding the human rule to reach your superhuman [48:36-50:06]
- What’s your big takeaway from this episode [50:09-50:35]
- And much more…
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Instagram handle so we can thank you personally!
Can you Help Me Improve The Legendary Life Podcast & Serve You Better?
I want to ensure my podcast does the best possible job of answering your needs and interests. And that means I need to know more about you. To do that, I’ve created my 2021 Listener Survey.
Would you please take a few minutes to fill out the survey? When you answer my survey, you will be helping me create content even more interesting and relevant to you.
Your input is important to me. The survey is easy to fill out, and the results are completely anonymous. I can’t tell who said what. And you can finish in less than five minutes.