Joint pain can be a major issue when you’re working out and playing sports. And if you’re complaining about a bad back or stiff hips you should know that you’re not alone. In this episode, our guest Dr. Chad Waterbury will reveal what type of training methods and exercises you need to follow to stay active as you age. Plus, how to build a stronger body and work out the pain and injure free. Listen to this episode to age smarter.
Dr. Chad Waterbury is a board-certified physical therapist and performance expert. Chad received his Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from the University of Southern California, the nation’s top-ranked program. He also has a master’s degree, with a specialty in neurophysiology, from the University of Arizona.
Dr. Chad Waterbury has spent more than 20 years helping athletes and fitness enthusiasts reach the highest level of performance through a combination of corrective exercise and strength training.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why Chad went to physical therapy school after having a successful strength & conditioning career (5:17)
- What Chad thinks about chiropractors and chiropractic medicine (10:43)
- Theory vs. results with training and injury rehabilitation (14:10)
- Why aches, pains, and injuries have more to do with your nervous system than muscles and fascia (18:17)
- How to fix your knee pain with a simple exercise (19:18)
- Do isometric exercises build muscle? (22:31)
- Why most people are doing mobility and rehabilitation exercise wrong (28:48)
- Can muscle weakness cause joint dysfunction and injuries? (34:45)
- How do pro athletes recover from their knee injuries so quickly? (37:27)
- Why you’re probably weak–even if you lift a lot of weight (42:33)
- What does “corrective exercise” really mean? (43:51)
- Why you need to rethink your training if you’re getting injured during your workouts (47:39)
- How to change your workout if you keep getting injured (49:33)
- Why your joints are more important than your muscles (51:09)
- Why you should reconsider your running routine (54:51)
- Why you don’t have to lift heavy weights to stay healthy if your older and have joint aches (57:07)
– Chad’s Powerful Mobility Ebook
– Chad’s Corrective Exercise Course
Connect with Dr. Chad:
Like This Show? Support Our Podcast By Leaving Us a Review & Subscribing to Our Podcast!
If you’d like to support and help grow the Legendary Life Podcast, one of the easiest ways to do so is to take two minutes right now and leave a review of the podcast over on iTunes or your preferred podcast platform
Because the more reviews the show gets, the more people will find it and listen. And the more people who listen, the bigger this movement will get.
Together we can change the conversation around reclaiming your health, creating the body you deserve, and living a legendary life!