Joint pain can be a major issue when you’re working out and playing sports. And if you’re complaining about a bad back or stiff hips you should know that you’re not alone. In this episode, our guest Dr. Chad Waterbury will reveal what type of training methods and exercises you need to follow to stay active as you age. Plus, how to build a stronger body and work out pain and injure free. Listen to this episode to age smarter.
Dr. Chad Waterbury is a board certified physical therapist and performance expert. Chad received his Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from the University of Southern California, the nation’s top-ranked program. He also has a master’s degree, with a speciality in neurophysiology, from the University of Arizona.
Dr. Chad Waterbury has spent more than 20 years helping athletes and fitness enthusiasts reach the highest level of performance through a combination of corrective exercise and strength training.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
– Why Chad went to physical therapy school after having a successful strength & conditioning career (5:17)
– What Chad thinks about chiropractors and chiropractic medicine (10:43)
– Theory vs. results with training and injury rehabilitation (14:10)
– Why aches, pains, and injuries have more to do with your nervous system than muscles and fascia (18:17)
– How to fix your knee pain with a simple exercise (19:18)
– Do isometric exercises build muscle? (22:31)
– Why most people are doing mobility and rehabilitation exercise wrong (28:48)
– Can muscle weakness cause joint dysfunction and injuries? (34:45)
– How do pro athletes recover from their knee injuries so quickly? (37:27)
– Why you’re probably weak–even if you lift a lot of weight (42:33)
– What does “corrective exercise” really mean? (43:51)
– Why you need to rethink your training if you’re getting injured during your workouts (47:39)
– How to change your workout if you keep getting injured (49:33)
– Why your joints are more important than your muscles (51:09)
– Why you should reconsider your running routine (54:51)
– Why you don’t have to lift heavy weights to stay healthy if your older and have joint aches (57:07)
– Chad’s Powerful Mobility Ebook
– Chad’s Corrective Exercise Course
Connect with Dr. Chad:
Want help becoming the healthiest, fittest, strongest version of yourself 3X faster?
Most people over 40 know that exercise, eating well, and quality sleep are important for looking and feeling better. Yet they need help applying that knowledge in the context of their busy, sometimes stressful lives.
If you’ve recently tried to follow a workout program that you used to do in your twenties, you probably noticed that it isn’t as effective as it used to be! When you are in your late 30s, 40s, and 50s, you need a workout designed for your age and lifestyle. So, you can exercise without straining your body, feeling exhausted afterwards or even getting injured and taking too many days to recover.
My 6-week customized workouts are designed to make you workout smarter, not harder.This is a program specifically designed for people over 40 is packed with everything you need to k to finally create that leaner, fitter, and healthier body that you’ve always wanted.
PLUS: If you buy in the next 48 hours, you’ll have direct access to me and you can ask all your burning questions in this one coaching email that you get as a bonus. Also, I’ll give you specific advice for nutrition and supplementation, so you can get results faster.