If you’re a podcast listener, you’re probably an overachiever, just like me, and thousands of other listeners out there. That’s not a bad thing. Striving to do better work, accomplish more, get leaner and healthier, and be a better person is what we do. But trying too hard all the time can lead to a massive crash. In this episode, our guest Edward Slingerland, reveals how we can effortlessly live happier and fulfilled lives. Listen now!
Ted Slingerland is a Distinguished University Scholar, Professor of Asian Studies, Depts. of Philosophy and Psychology Director, and a Ph.D. in Religious Studies from Stanford University. His research specialties and teaching interests include Warring States (5th-3rd c. B.C.E.) Chinese thought, religious studies (comparative religion, cognitive science and evolution of religion), cognitive linguistics (blending and conceptual metaphor theory), ethics (virtue ethics, moral psychology), evolutionary psychology, the relationship between the humanities and the natural sciences, and the classical Chinese language.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The neuroscience of high performance [07:56-14:35]
- How to be genuinely likable, and charismatic [10:53-11:19]
- Cognitive Task vs Lateral Thinking Task [11:20-12:35]
- The Paradox of Trying Not to Try [12:35-14:35]
- How to Stop Putting Pressure & Self-Sabotaging During This Crisis [16:19-26:35]
- What is the Biggest Barrier to Success [20:58-21:49]
- You Can’t Force Things [23:10-26:35]
- How to End Trying Too Hard [26:35-27:55]
- Hot and Cold Cognition [30:40-36:28]
- When to engage and disengage your cold cognition [37:33-44:21]
- Ted’s strategies to relax his body [47:40-54:23]
- And much more…
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Instagram handle so we can thank you personally!
Organifi (Use Code TED20 to save 20%)
Trying Not To Try book by Ted Slingerland
Confucius Analects book by Ted Slingerland
Effortless Action book by Ted Slingerland
The Rise of Superman book by Steven Kotler
Peak Performance book by Brad Stulberg, & Steve Magness
Do you need help to create a leaner, stronger, and healthier body while stuck at home due to Covid-19?
If you choose to prioritize wellness in the middle of this crisis, you’re in the right place.
My team and I have been working day and night on this brand new FREE 7-Day Challenge created specifically to help you thrive during these unprecedented times… and starts on July 5th.
(No strings attached – this is simply the best way I know to help my Legendary Life family succeed right now.)
Attention: A week from now, you’ll know what to eat, how much to eat, and how to exercise to get the leaner, stronger & energetic body you’ve always wanted even during the quarantine. The choice is yours.