A recent survey from the American Psychological Association found that, for many Americans, “news and social consumption has a downside.” In this Real Talk Friday episode, Ted will talk about how social media and the news can affect your mental and physical health and what to do to cope with, even if you believe you need to stay connected to stay informed. Listen Now!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Things that you most likely didn’t know about social media [02:53-10:30]
- How do social media algorithms work? [07:21-10:30]
- Is the internet making you cynical [10:32-18:03]
- How to fix misinformation [12:31-23:22]
- Gene-environment mismatch – what it is all about [13:36-14:42]
- Social media addiction[15:56-18:03]
- Negativity bias [18:05-23:22]
- How to cope if the media and social media are making you anxious and stressed [23:23-34:24]
- And much more…
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Instagram handle so we can thank you personally!
Can you Help Me Improve The Legendary Life Podcast & Serve You Better?
I want to ensure my podcast does the best possible job of answering your needs and interests. And that means I need to know more about you. To do that, I’ve created my 2021 Listener Survey.
Would you please take a few minutes to fill out the survey? When you answer my survey, you will be helping me create content even more interesting and relevant to you.
Your input is important to me. The survey is easy to fill out, and the results are completely anonymous. I can’t tell who said what. And you can finish in less than five minutes.