In this episode of the Alpha Man Project I talk to science journalist Steven Kotler about his new book The Rise of Superman: Decoding the Science of Ultimate Human Performance. Steven reveals the secret of ultimate human performance. He studies dozens of elite action and adventure sports athletes and the science of “flow”, an optimal state of consciousness in which humans perform and feel their best.
In this episode, you will learn:
- What exactly is flow?
- Why most people only spend 5% of their life in “flow”How flow changes our perception of time.
- What’s the “flow cycle” is and why it’s important
- How flow saved a base jumper from falling to his death.
- How you can “trigger” flow right now in your life
- Why taking risks is key to performing your bestHow you can “hack your flow” and become the best man you can be.
- The dark side of the “flow” state
- The Rise of Superman
- The Flow Genome Project
[tweet_box design=”box_12_at” float=”none” author=”Yogi Berra”]”In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.”[/tweet_box]
Bone Games by Rob Schultheis
Drive by Dan Pink
How to connect with Steven Kotler:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to the ASK TED section.
Don’t forget to visit our FREE 30-DAY CHALLENGE and join us to change your health, body, and live a Legendary Life.
Until next time!