Low carb, high fat, keto diet, intermittent fasting…what do you really know? Learn the truth behind the most common diet beliefs with our special guest Danny Lennon. In this episode, you’ll learn how to separate fact from fiction based on credible nutrition information and you might finally identify the diet mistakes that are sabotaging your weight loss goals.
Danny is the founder of Sigma Nutrition. Known for hosting the top-ranked podcast Sigma Nutrition Radio, Danny is also a respected educator in the field. He has spoken at conferences and events all over Europe including London, Dublin, Amsterdam and Vienna.
Danny has a master’s degree (MSc.) in Nutritional Sciences from University College Cork, during which time Danny completed his research thesis directly under the world-renowned vitamin D researcher Professor Kevin Cashman.
Danny also works as a performance nutritionist to professional MMA fighters, professional boxers and competitive powerlifters. He has consulted several teams in a number of sports. He also has an online coaching service that helps a wide array of clients with nutrition related issues.
Outside of the nutrition world, Danny is a drug-free powerlifter, BJJ blue belt and a life-long Arsenal fan.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
– How Danny got started in the health & fitness industry (7:20)
– How to identify credible nutrition information (12:38)
– How science actually works and why it’s important for your results (14:08)
– Why you can never trust anyone 100% when it comes to knowing the truth about health, fitness, and nutrition (16:05)
– What “transient truth” is and how it relates to health & fitness knowledge (16:27)
– The story behind why Ted became more “evidence-based” (18:24)
– Why studies aren’t everything and how there’s an art to applying the science (21:23)
– The #1 thing that matters when deciding what diet plan to follow (24:20)
– Diet Cults, Agnostic Eating & Weight Loss (27:15)
– Why the science-based fitness community is failing (30:04)
– Why toxic tribalism is destroying our life & what to do about it (31:10)
– Personalized nutrition: how to find out what works for you (35:48)
– 3 Key factors for effective fat loss (42:50)
– What you need to know about fat loss, calories, and food quality (44:03)
– Low carb diet: Why is not for everyone (47:44)
– 4 things about nutrition that really matter for health (and 3 things that don’t) (52:29)
– What Danny thinks about artificial sweeteners like aspartame (58:40)
– Why your health goes beyond what you do with nutrition and exercise (1:02:06)