Lose weight, become more energetic and sleep well every night. That’s what you’re about to learn in this interview with Ph.D. Greg Potter. He explains how fasting, circadian rhythms, and time-restricted eating can help you reset your body clock to lose fat, sleep better and live longer. Listen Now!
Greg Potter is a PhD (circadian biology, sleep, diet, metabolism), and MSc (exercise physiology), who are trying to work out how to help people improve their health. As Chief Scientific Officer for an mHealth startup, he is helping to build a scalable preventive healthcare solution that uses advanced analytics to give users adaptive, personalised health guidance. Greg is also an avid public speaker and science writer who regularly reviews literature on all things health and performance, focusing particularly on circadian rhythms, exercise, nutrition, sleep, and stress.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What is circadian rhythm? [08:21-10:32]
- When is the right time to eat and how it affects your sleep [10:37-15:42]
- The difference between the biological daytime and the biological nighttime [12:49-14:01]
- The best time to consume most of calories during your daytime [14:02-15:06]
- Time restricted eating [15:07-15:41]
- What are the amazing benefits of not eating at night [15:44-20:31]
- What skipping breakfast does to your body [21:16-26:06]
- Practical advice for busy people following Time Restricted Eating [27:45-32:35]
- How to take control your appetite to lose weight [33:48-35:16]
- The effects of eating late on Ted’s health [37:13-37:39]
- What will happen if people consume more calories at dinner [38:06-38:26]
- Tools, devices, and approach that monitor sleep duration and efficiency [38:27-44:50]
- Effective techniques to easily fall asleep [45:33-54:58]
- And much more…
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Instagram handle so we can thank you personally!
Connect with Greg Potter:
Atomic habits book by James Clear
Access all the information and courses for as as $1 for the first month. Use the CODE:legendarylife
Please subscribe, listen, and follow our Podcast at legendarylifepodcast.com/review