The illusion is sold to us everywhere we look. The media tell us that by doing just one or two things better we can go from out of shape to a fitness model in a short amount of time. In this episode, a renowned strength and conditioning coach Lee Boyce, explains how to stop believing in this media nonsense and set expectations that work for you. Listen now!
Lee Boyce is a strength and conditioning coach, a great in exercise technique, and ran track at the National level in university as a sprinter and long jumper. He works with clients and athletes for muscle, strength, and sport performance. An internationally published fitness writer who regularly featured in many of the world’s largest publications, like Men’s Health, Men’s Fitness, Oxygen, Esquire, The Huffington Post, Men’s Journal, and T-Nation. Also, Lee has done plenty of fitness segments for various TV and radio stations, including Global, CBC, ABC News Radio, Sun News Network, and CP24.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Lee got into strength & conditioning field [04:57-06:20]
- Psychology hits the gym [06:45-08:34]
- Understanding psychology of fitness needs to be addressed [08:36-10:49]
- The top misconceptions to get better results and create balance in life [11:25-13:41]
- How to stop making excuses in fitness [13:42-18:25]
- Setting realistic fitness goals [19:06-26:19]
- Media misrepresentation of the human body [27:36-33:15]
- The importance of choosing the right references in fitness [33:18-39:28]
- Fitness & Nutrition Goals: The case of letting go extremism [39:31-47:14]
- Lee’s final thoughts [48:43-50:16]
- And much more…
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Instagram handle so we can thank you personally!
Organifi (Use Code TED20 to save 20%)
Do you need help to create a leaner, younger, and healthier body during this challenging time?
If you choose to prioritize wellness in the middle of this crisis, you’re in the right place.
My team and I have been working on this brand new FREE 7-Day Comeback Challenge created specifically to help you thrive during these unprecedented times… and starts on Sept 18th.
(No strings attached – this is simply the best way I know to help my Legendary Life family succeed right now.)
Attention: A week from now, you’ll know what to eat, how much to eat, and how to exercise to get the leaner, stronger & energetic body you’ve always wanted even after the pandemic. The choice is yours.