Steve Kamb is the founder of nerdfitness.com, a worldwide fitness community dedicated to helping nerds, desk jockeys, and self-aware robots level up their lives.
He’s also the author of the book, Level Up Your Life, that gives people a blueprint for prioritizing adventure, growth, and happiness by turning life into a giant video game.
While running his company from a coconut laptop, Steve has adventured all over the world, explored the ruins of Machu Picchu, dived with sharks on the Great Barrier Reef, and lived like James Bond in Monte Carlo.
He has guest lectured at Google, Google Dublin, Facebook, TEDxEmory, and regularly speaks at Vanderbilt University.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why are we so obsessed with reality Tv
- What video games can teach us
- Stop trying to escape your life
- What is “gamification”
- 3 Ways to get unstuck and take action towards your goals
- How to become the superhero of your own story
- The power of small winsAre you addicted to personal development
- Are you addicted to personal development
- Steve’s biggest lesson from his real-life superhero experiences
- Why systems are critical for improving your life
- Why discipline trumps motivation
- How Steve overcame procrastination while writing his book
- Why you only need 20 seconds of courage to change your life
- Nerdfitness’ superhero origin story
Connect with Steve:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to the ASK TED section.
Don’t forget to visit our FREE 30-DAY CHALLENGE and join us to change your health, body, and live a Legendary Life.
Until next time!