Let’s get straight to the point: No successful organization would have been where it is today without effective leadership. Effective leadership is almost always one of the main and primary drivers for growth, development, and innovation. In this episode, our special guest Jay Farrington reveals the secrets to become a successful leader and stand apart. Listen Now!
With an eventful 25 years in San Diego Law Enforcement and over half that time in leadership positions, Jay has learned what inspires a team or stifles their spirit. Jay has led multiple successful teams and believes that leadership development and building a healthy people-focused workplace are the foundation for a thriving and successful organization.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Jay became the CEO of Dynamic Leadership Solutions [03:01-05:22]
- Common leadership and management mistakes [05:28-07:53]
- The secret fear that causes bosses to micromanage [08:00-09:04]
- Why high-performers don’t always make good leaders [09:05-11:22]
- What is missing in leadership development [13:15-16:37]
- The power of crucial conversations and emotional intelligence [16:37-22:13]
- Leadership lessons from Jay’s military experience [24:25-30:07]
- How to help people become better leaders [32:51-37:26]
- Why it’s hard for people to seek help outside of themselves [37:27-39:19]
- How to lead people for results [39:34-42:36]
- Jay’s advice on leadership [43:41-44:23]
- One big takeaway from this episode [44:51-45:28]
- And much more…
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Instagram handle so we can thank you personally!
Like This Show? Support Our Podcast By Leaving Us a Review & Subscribing to Our Podcast!
If you’d like to support and help grow the Legendary Life Podcast, one of the easiest ways to do so is to take two minutes right now and leave a review of the podcast over on iTunes or your preferred podcast platform
Because the more reviews the show gets, the more people will find it and listen. And the more people who listen, the bigger this movement will get.
Together we can change the conversation around reclaiming your health, creating the body you deserve, and living a legendary life!