In this episode, Ted interviews Dr. John Berardi. John is a legend in the health and fitness industry, having written for Men’s Health, Men’s Fitness, and Testosterone Nation.
He’s worked with George Saint Pierre, the champion MMA fighter and been to the special training Nike camp to work with professional athletes. Dr. John Berardi is a voice of reason in an industry that is often full of extremism and hype.
John knows it’s difficult to stay committed to your fitness goals when you’re consumed by stress and have a laundry list of unhealthy habits.
In this interview, he will reveal 11 things that no one tells you about eating healthy and losing weight. Listen to this episode to stop sabotaging your attempts to lose weight and live a happier and healthier life.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
– Why we fall into the trap of doing too much at one time (6:20)
– Why we’re too hard on ourselves (9:15)
– How to prevent problems instead of fixing when broken (14:00)
– Why everyone needs a coach (16:40)
– One of the biggest challenge that high-achievers face it (20:45)
– Why there’s no CEO at Precision Nutrition (24:13)
– Why your job is making you fat (30:42)
– Why health isn’t as complicated as you think (36:29)
– Skills vs Knowledge: Which is more important for getting in shape (39:13)
– How to stop self-medicating with food, drugs, and alcohol (41:42)
– How to get the root cause of your stress (48:13)
– How to beat boredom and anxiety to stay in the zone (59:51)
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
Connect with John: