Why is it that some people have the ability to overcome tragedy and trauma while others don’t? Is it the severity of the tragedy that counts or the resiliency of the person? In this episode, my special guest and former coaching client, Martina Plag, will share her journey of overcoming tragedy and reveal how fitness and personal development gave a new meaning to her life. Listen to this episode to get encouraged to push through any obstacles and pain you might be facing in your life right now.
Martina Plag is a certified exercise nutrition coach and headed a gluten-free kitchen for several years. After leaving a stressful job and overcoming her brother’s suicide, she now spends her time empowering others through making positive and healthy lifestyle choices. She specializes in plant-based and gluten-free nutrition for those seeking extra guidance in that arena.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
– How Martina found Legendary Life (10:40)
– How a suicide in her family led her down to a dark road (13:40)
– How Martina pushed through tragedy to find her life purpose (18:30)
– 1 Surprising way to pull yourself out of a dark place (18:40)
– Why Martina’s first job let to her weighing 300lbs (21:00)
– Why you don’t need to follow fad diets like veganism, ketogenic diets, paleo, and others to stay in shape (24:00)
– How to combine fitness and personal development to make your life better (26:00)
– Why performing your first pull up can help you overcome challenges in your life (29:15)
– What steps you can take to transform her health, career, and life (36: 10)
– How knowing your “why” can get you the career of your dreams (42:18)
– 3 Reasons why a victim mentality will ruin your chance at success (47:05)
– Why you should set goals every year (49:40)
– How playing the victim sets us back from achieving our goals (54:40)
Want help becoming the healthiest, fittest, strongest version of yourself 3X faster?
Maybe it’s been a while since you’ve been in shape, or felt energized throughout your entire day, or felt capable and confident enough to do what you truly want.
If you’re ready to have the body you deserve and get in control of your health and fitness once and for all, you should watch our new FREE Masterclass: Fit Over 40: How To Lose Fat, Build Strength, And Live A Healthier Life In Your 40s & 50s!
In this brand new masterclass you will learn everything you need to create a leaner, stronger, and healthier body even if you’re injured, unmotivated, or super busy.