Did you know that more than half of Americans buy supplements to get the nutrition insurance they think they need? But the real question is: do you really need any of them? Do they really work? And if so, which ones are should you take? Our special guest Mike Matthews will answer all those questions and more in this eye-opening episode. He’ll reveal which supplements and supplement companies are a scam and which ones are worth your hard-earned money. Listen Now!
Mike Matthews is a bestselling fitness author of Bigger Leaner Stronger: The Simple Science of Building the Ultimate Male Body, as well the creator of MuscleForLife.com and Legion Athletics.
His simple and science-based approach to building muscle, losing fat, and getting healthy has sold over a million books and helped thousands of people build their best bodies ever, and his work has been featured in many popular outlets including Esquire, Men’s Health, Elle, Women’s Health, Muscle & Strength, Elle, and more, as well as on FOX and ABC.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
– How Mike got started on his health and fitness journey [5:33]
– What makes Legion Athletics different from other supplement companies [13:49]
– What it’s like to work with Curtis Frank from examine.com on formulation [15:57]
– Can you overdose on supplements? [18:51]
– The main problem inside the supplement industry [23:41]
– A basic introduction to supplements [33:53]
– Whey Protein Isolate vs Concentrate: What’s the difference? [36:52]
– The best supplements to take [41:03]
– The flaws of doing popular diet trends [47:01]
-The truth about the “unregulated dietary supplement industry” [55:34]
– How to avoid falling for diet scams and what to do [1:04:41]
Connect with Mike:
Want help becoming the healthiest, fittest, strongest version of you?
Most people over 40 know that exercise, eating healthy, manage stress, and quality sleep are important elements for feeling better and achieving more in life.
Yet they need help applying that knowledge in the context of their busy, sometimes stressful lives.
The good news is it doesn’t have to be this hard.
Check out this masterclass I put together where I’ll share the exact strategies busy people like you are using to build a younger, leaner, and sexier body in their forties, fifties, and even sixties without joining exhausting Bootcamps or P90x, going on a detox cleanse, doing intermittent fasting, or any of those “quick fixes” that don’t work for the long-term success.
I’ll pull back the curtain and reveal exactly how our clients are creating the body and life they’ve always wanted by ignoring all the conventional wisdom. This is a limited-time masterclass. Click on the link below to sign up for this training now.