The world is facing the greatest healthcare crisis it has ever seen. Chronic disease is shortening our lifespan, destroying our quality of life, bankrupting governments, and threatening the health of future generations. Sadly, conventional medicine, with its focus on managing symptoms, has failed to address this challenge. The result is burned-out physicians, a sicker population, and a broken healthcare system. In this interview, our special guest Chris Kresser, explains how you can reverse this dangerous trend.
Chris Kresser M.S., L.Ac., is the CEO of Kresser Institute and the co-director of the California Center for Functional Medicine. He’s also the creator of ChrisKresser.com and is the New York Times best-selling author of The Paleo Cure. Chris was named one of the 100 most influential people in health and fitness by Greatist.com, and his blog is one of the top-ranked natural health websites in the world.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What is functional medicine (2:56)
- How Chris restored his health (4:43)
- Two Reasons Conventional Medicine Will Never Solve Chronic Disease (7:16)
- Why American healthcare is so bad (8:56)
- The difference between acute and chronic disease (9:17)
- Why doctors are sick of their profession (11:00)
- The root cause of the chronic disease (11:51)
- It’s not normal to have a chronic disease (14:00)
- How the Tsimane tribe in Bolivia have 80% less heart disease (15:37)
- These 6 Alarming Stats Show Just How Bad the Average American Eats (19:36)
- Yes, We’re All Susceptible to Food Advertising (25:10)
- How “decision fatigue” leads to poor eating habits (28:30)
- How the government supports your junk food habit (30:00)
- How Chris lives an Ancestral lifestyle in the city (32:06)
- Why you should read Chris’ book “Unconventional Medicine” (36:15)
- Why being evidence-based is important when seeking health information (41:50)
- The functional medicine approach to high blood pressure (46:24)
Our Patreon Campaign: Patreon.com/legendarylife
Like This Show? Support Our Podcast By Leaving Us a Review & Subscribing to Our Podcast!
If you’d like to support and help grow the Legendary Life Podcast, one of the easiest ways to do so is to take two minutes right now and leave a review of the podcast over on iTunes or your preferred podcast platform
Because the more reviews the show gets, the more people will find it and listen. And the more people who listen, the bigger this movement will get.
Together we can change the conversation around reclaiming your health, creating the body you deserve, and living a legendary life!