Are carbs evil? Is the Keto diet the best diet in the market? Is intermittent fasting good for your health? In this special episode, nutrition expert Kevin Bass talks about the biggest myths related to nutrition, and why these antiquated beliefs need to be put to rest. Listen now!
Kevin Bass is a MD/PhD student. He has a bachelor’s degree in medical anthropology and biology from the University of Texas at Austin.
He is unafraid to publicly call out those in the health & nutrition community he deems irresponsible…perhaps even dangerous.
Kevin states: “Bad science will hurt people”.
Passionate about truly helping people, his mission is to stop misinformation from spreading.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Who is Kevin Bass [06:15-14:35]
- Understanding nutrition science to get better results [14:36-20:]
- Ways to get good information on health nutrition [20:27-24:27]
- How to evaluate evidence-based information [24:58-33:50]
- Diet mistakes [33:51-34:42]
- Why is health literacy important? [34:44-50:04]
- Physical health and mental health [50:05-54:35]
- Do macronutrient distribution patterns impact longevity? [55:57-01:01:39]
- Keto cycling [01:00:39-01:01:39]
- The link between excess body fat and disease [01:02:23-01:06:10]
- Kevin’s perspective on fat-shaming [01:06:12-01:15:46]
- And much more…
Connect with Kevin:
Can you Help Me Improve The Legendary Life Podcast & Serve You Better?
I want to ensure my podcast does the best possible job of answering your needs and interests. And that means I need to know more about you. To do that, I’ve created my 2021 Listener Survey.
Would you please take a few minutes to fill out the survey? When you answer my survey, you will be helping me create content even more interesting and relevant to you.
Your input is important to me. The survey is easy to fill out, and the results are completely anonymous. I can’t tell who said what. And you can finish in less than five minutes.