Did you know that more than half of Americans buy supplements to get the nutrition insurance they think they need? But the real question is: do you really need any of them? Do they really work? And if so, which ones are should you take? Our special guest Mike Matthews will answer all those questions and more in this eye-opening episode. He’ll reveal which supplements and supplement companies are a scam and which ones are worth your hard-earned money. Listen Now!
Mike Matthews is a bestselling fitness author of Bigger Leaner Stronger: The Simple Science of Building the Ultimate Male Body, as well the creator of MuscleForLife.com and Legion Athletics.
His simple and science-based approach to building muscle, losing fat, and getting healthy has sold over a million books and helped thousands of people build their best bodies ever, and his work has been featured in many popular outlets including Esquire, Men’s Health, Elle, Women’s Health, Muscle & Strength, Elle, and more, as well as on FOX and ABC.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
– What Mike does and where everything began for him [5:33]
– What makes Mike’s products different from other supplement companies [13:49]
– What it’s like to work with Curtis Frank from examine.com on formulation [15:57]
– The importance of caution with regards to your supplement intake [18:51]
– The main problem inside the supplement industry [23:41]
– What the basics of supplementation are and what to expect [33:53]
– The differences between isolates and concentrates [36:52]
– The recommended supplements to take [41:03]
– The flaws of doing popular diet trends [47:01]
– The issues within the supplement industry and Mike’s thoughts on it [55:34]
– How to avoid falling for diet scams and what to do [1:04:41]
Connect with Mike:
Want help becoming the healthiest, fittest, strongest version of yourself in your 40s & 50s?
Most people over 40 know that exercise, eating healthy, manage stress, and quality sleep are important elements for feeling better and achieving more in life. Yet they need help applying that knowledge in the context of their busy, sometimes stressful lives.
And I know there’s so much confusion in the fitness industry that makes you overwhelmed and confused about if you should do Keto or intermittent fasting or a low carb diet. If you need to join Crossfit, HIIT, or a Bootcamp to get back in shape.
The good news is it doesn’t have to be this hard.
Check out this masterclass I put together where I’ll share the exact strategies busy people like you are using to build a younger, leaner, and sexier body in their forties, fifties, and even sixties without joining exhausting Bootcamps or P90x, going on a detox cleanse, doing intermittent fasting, or any of those “quick fixes” that don’t work for the long-term success.
I’ll pull back the curtain and reveal exactly how our clients are creating the body and life they’ve always wanted by ignoring all the conventional wisdom. This is a limited-time masterclass. Click on the link below to sign up for this training now.