In today’s episode, Ted interviews Bobby Maximus, the general manager of Gym Jones and author of upcoming book Maximum Body. Bobby was also on the show in episode 170 talking about how to supercharge your health and fitness so check that out here if you haven’t already.
Gym Jones is the same gym that got people in shape for the movie 300 and works with pro NBA and NFL players, as well as elite Special Forces soldiers. The cream of the crop chooses to train at Gym Jones with Bobby Maximus because he is so knowledgeable.
He’s also been a writer for Men’s Health for years, has his own shoe through LALO Tactical and a supplement through Gnarly Nutrition. In this episode, Bobby shares his process for writing this book as well as some of the topics and techniques in Maximum Body.
This book is telling the truth in fitness, avoiding the hype and explaining what it really takes mindset-wise, fitness-wise, nutrition-wise to change your body. That’s what this interview is all about, so enjoy!
“Yes it’s gonna be hard, it’s gonna be a long road, it’s gonna suck a little bit even, but it’s gonna be worth it.” Tweet Quote
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Ted’s review of The Maximus Shoe (3.57)
- The story behind why Bobby was asked to write his new book (6.45)
- Why there are no shortcuts to fitness success (9.38)
- Top 3 mindset tips and focus to make you unstoppably fit (13.25)
- 130-Hour rule to get fit fast (14.55)
- How to evaluate fitness information on the internet (21.20)
- Why fitness is a relative term (25.50)
- Workout templates and fitness system included in his book (29.40)
- Is personalized nutrition and supplementation the future? (31.50)
- The 90% rule vs The Pendulum Effect (33.48)
- The importance of supplements (38.30)
Use the code for 15% off the pre-workout: MAXIMUSPRE
- The importance of mindset when it comes to building the body that you truly want. So many people go wrong thinking they’ll get in shape or lose weight for a specific time or before an event. It’s likely going to be much harder and take you much longer than you expect. Bobby says it’ll take 130 hours, in as short as 3 months. Or you can do it in 6 months but that’s 1 hour a day 5 days a week. Are you doing that? Ask yourself, how committed are you? It’s going to take a long time and much longer than you probably think.
- There are different rules for different people and you have to know what’s right for you. If you’ve got injuries, if you’ve got kids, if you’ve got a stressful job, if you travel a lot, if you lack motivation, maybe that isn’t the best approach for you. Especially with injuries, you have to be careful. You’ve got to know what’s right for you. Bobby said we all have to know what we’re aiming for and also what we’re willing to risk. A 60-year old will have different types of exercise than an athlete
- It’s going to take a holistic approach. Bobby didn’t say it’s just 5 hard hours of exercise per week. He said that 6 months transformation includes the proper nutrition, the properly lifestyle, the proper sleep, the proper recovery and the proper supplementation. Crush your short-term expectations. Be real. You can’t get around the time and hard work it takes to build something worthy.
“Just because the best in the world does a certain thing, that doesn’t mean that applies to you.” Tweet Quote
The Legendary Fat Loss System
Keep these takeaways in mind. Those are the reasons I’m finishing the Legendary Fat Loss System. It’s designed to help you burn fat at the fastest possible rate for your body while maintaining every ounce of your hard-earned muscle. I even tested it on real people just like you.
Why you should buy the Legendary Rapid Fat Loss System?
You’ve heard of low-carb diets. You know about high-protein diets. Both work, but neither is ideal.
That’s why we took the best parts of each diet and fused them into the ultimate rapid fat loss plan.
The Legendary Rapid Fat Loss System helps easily control your calories — so you don’t need to count them — and also creates the optimal hormonal environment to burn fat.
This strategic combination takes the brakes off your fat loss and delivers the fast results you want.
Don’t confuse rapid weight loss with a starvation diet, which causes your muscles to waste away along with the fat. The Legendary Fat Loss System is nothing like that.
If you want to start losing now, sign up for the Waiting List!
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below! If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to the ASK TED section.
Check out my brand new video training series, where I’ll walk you through the 3-Step formula to lose 7 pounds in 2 weeks (without starvation or insane workouts), you can learn the 7 fat loss strategies that will help you finally create that energetic, lean body you’ve always wanted.
Until next time!