Shawn is not only a sleep expert and best-selling author, but he has spent the last ten plus years studying how to optimize all parts of your daily routine to help you function at maximum capacity.
He is a fountain of knowledge about everything from eating right to setting up your bedroom to how sex affects sleep!
His mission is to help you become the strongest, healthiest, happiest version of yourself.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How sleep can help you lose body fat (without dieting)
- Why our society doesn’t value sleep
- Why sleep is so popular now
- Why you need to take control of your health
- The 3 keys to taking control of your health
- What the “cut, burn poison paradigm” is
- How marketing manipulates your choices about your health
- Your body is design to heal itself
- The healing power of sleep
- Why hormones are the most powerful factors in health
- What’s the best time to go to sleep
- Why you don’t have to be perfect when it comes to sleep
- Why sleep deprivation sets us up for failure
- Why biology trumps psychology
- How sleep loss leads to significant weight gain
- How sleep affects our testosterone levels
- The connection between testosterone, estrogen and belly fat
- Why electric light is harming our sleep cycles
- Shawn’s story about how he got into nutrition and sleep
Connect with Shawn: