Forget crash diets and rash New Year’s resolutions. Make healthy lifestyle changes you can stick with, based on science. In this second part, Ted explains the science of motivation. Also, how to manage your stress and emotions in difficult times. Plus, how to create an achievable and sustainable plan to make lasting behavior changes in 2021. Listen now to make 2021 your year.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The 6-step process to making a health behavior change in 2021: part I recap [01:49-03:37]
- The 6 Key ingredients to making a lasting change [03:37-47:27]
- Realistic expectations in appropriate goals [06:58-15:50]
- What is motivation [15:51-16:21]
- The components of motivation [16:24-26:47]
- External versus internal motivation [16:46-20:42]
- What determines motivation [20:43-24:28]
- Sense of self-efficacy – what does it mean [24:28-26:12]
- Internal versus external skills [26:48-33:39]
- The importance of self-regulation to success: the marshmallow test [27:47-30:19]
- The 3 things that make up self-regulation [30:20-31:52]
- Stress and emotional management [31:53-32:36]
- Having an achievable and sustainable action plan [33:54-36:44]
- Why is a social circle support important [36:45-42:25]
- How social support from your environment contributes to change [42:25-47:27]
- Bonus ingredient [47:28-50:10]
- And much more…
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Instagram handle so we can thank you personally!
Can you Help Me Improve The Legendary Life Podcast & Serve You Better?
I want to ensure my podcast does the best possible job of answering your needs and interests. And that means I need to know more about you. To do that, I’ve created my 2021 Listener Survey.
Would you please take a few minutes to fill out the survey? When you answer my survey, you will be helping me create content even more interesting and relevant to you.
Your input is important to me. The survey is easy to fill out, and the results are completely anonymous. I can’t tell who said what. And you can finish in less than five minutes.