Rob “Bobby Maximus” MacDonald is the General Manager, Training Director, and Lead Seminar Instructor at Gym Jones. His experiences as a professional fighter and high level athlete have helped to form the training at Gym Jones and the direction of the project. He is the Gym Jones Executor (one who executes something). He sets and upholds our standards of both physical expression and education. Obsessive, competitive, and willing, he constantly refines his potential and redefines his limits. He is highly educated, inquisitive, and a brilliant teacher who shatters the stereotype of his appearance. Rob executes Gym Jones policy and philosophy. He leads from the front without hesitation: who follows improves and evolves.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Bobby became a fighter in the UFC
- The real truth nobody will ever tell you about following your dreams
- Want Success? Surround Yourself With People Who Challenge Your Thinking
- The key to happiness
- Why you can’t buy a membership at Gym Jones
- The importance of having fitness goals
- Why sport injuries will happen when you push yourself
- The importance of a balanced workout
- Why we become too dependent on exercise equipment
- How a bullying incident inspired Bobby to get into martial arts
- Why Bobby walked away from MMA
- Bonus: 2 workouts you can do at home without any equipment
Connect with Bob:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to the ASK TED section.
Don’t forget to visit our FREE 30-DAY CHALLENGE and join us to change your health, body, and live a Legendary Life.
Until next time!