Have you heard the claims about fasting and living a longer life? Do wonder if the autophagy that keeps getting brought up online about fasting really has any benefits to it? Are you considering doing a ketogenic diet because so many people are reporting great results? In this episode we cover all of that and more with special guest Dr. Mike Nelson. Mike has a deep scientific background and uses it to separate fact from fiction in today’s episode. We also dive into the science is proving to be the most important factors for longevity. Listen in now.
Dr. Mike T. Nelson has spent 18 years of his life learning how the human body works, specifically focusing on how to properly condition it to burn fat and become stronger, more flexible, and healthier. He’s has a PhD in Exercise Physiology, a BA in Natural Science, and an MS in Biomechanics. He’s an adjunct professor and a member of the American College of Sports Medicine.
He’s been called in to share his techniques with top government agencies. The techniques he’s developed, and the results Mike gets for his clients have been featured in international magazines, in scientific publications, and on websites across the globe.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
– How approaching he body from a holistic perspective is important for real-world results (9:18)
– The mistakes most people are making when it comes to their training and nutrition (11:43)
– The top 3 things for longevity according to science (12:30)
– Why you shouldn’t make “online fitness & nutrition researcher” your second job (15:00)
– Why you’re falling for unsubstantiated claims when it comes to nutritional magic bullets (16:40)
– What you need to know about fasting for longevity and autophagy (17:37)
– What we know for sure about fasting (23:00)
– What autophagy actually is (24:30)
– Does fasting help you heal from injuries? (27:12)
– What you need ot know about healing injuries with fasting (31:50)
– The best nutritional strategies to heal joint injuries (37:00)
– What “metabolic flexibility” is and why it’s important (42:20)
– Is the ketogenic diet good for your health? (44:54)
Connect with Dr. Mike:
Want help becoming the healthiest, fittest, strongest version of you?
Most people over 40 know that exercise, eating healthy, manage stress, and quality sleep are important elements for feeling better and achieving more in life.
Yet they need help applying that knowledge in the context of their busy, sometimes stressful lives.
The good news is it doesn’t have to be this hard.
Check out this masterclass I put together where I’ll share the exact strategies busy people like you are using to build a younger, leaner, and sexier body in their forties, fifties, and even sixties without joining exhausting Bootcamps or P90x, going on a detox cleanse, doing intermittent fasting, or any of those “quick fixes” that don’t work for the long-term success.
I’ll pull back the curtain and reveal exactly how our clients are creating the body and life they’ve always wanted by ignoring all the conventional wisdom. This is a limited-time masterclass. Click on the link below to sign up for this training now.