In this special 3-episode series, Ted reveals how to “unlock” the 4 hidden keys necessary to transform your body in record time even if you’re in your 40s, 50s, or even 60s!
Plus: The 4 biggest diet & exercise myths stopping you from reclaiming your young, attractive, healthy, and energetic body… Once and for all!
So, you should listen to these 3 episodes, if…
- Are you always juggling between your career and family in the hopes that one day you can be consistent with your health and fitness, but that day never seems to come and you keep having to choose between your health and other priorities?
- Do you turn down invitations to social gatherings like reunions, outdoor activities, and more because you don’t feel confident in your own skin? And is this affecting your kid’s activities as well?
- Do you lie next to your partner but you’re too exhausted to rekindle the passion you used to feel and you know it’s slipping further away? Or are you single and/or divorced and refuse to go out with anyone because you’re so unhappy and embarrassed by the way you look?
- Do you see other women your age with an amazing body, full of energy, crushing it in life, and you have no idea how they’re doing it?
- Have tried every Beach Body workout, Barre classes, Orange Theory, Barry’s Bootcamp, cleanses, Weight Watchers, the HCG diet, the South Beach diet, and more, yet you still didn’t see the results you wanted?
- Do you feel like you EAT whenever you’re stressed, anxious, frustrated, or bored and you want to change your relationship with food for the better?
- Do you feel there’s an invisible ceiling on your health, on your body, and your life?
- If that’s YOU, you’re in the right place.
Why am I qualified to teach you how to change all of that? Not because I’m a celebrity trainer or because I trainer CEOs, or even hundreds of people in the past 20 years, but because I was like you.
I went from a lean body in my 20s to a bulky, fat body in my late 30s. Then got lean again in my 40s.
When I understood that my fitness and nutrition beliefs were incorrect and outdated, I was finally able to lose almost 30lbs, transform my health, and go back to the same weight that I had in my 20s in record time.
If you want proof go to my social media now and see my new pictures or if you’re on my email list you received an email with my new photoshoot pics.
Why Is It So Hard To Lose Weight in Your 40s and Beyond?
In the past 20 years, I learned that there are 4 major reasons why those in their late 30s, 40s, 50s, and older aren’t able to achieve their fitness goals.
Actually, I should say there are five reasons – with the first being the decision to follow workout programs and fad diets that are filled with incorrect information and simply don’t work long-term.
I touched on this before but it bears repeating – there are a lot of myths and outright lies that exist in the fitness industry.
These lies can cause you to lose money and valuable time pursuing results that you are never going to be able to achieve with the weight loss programs being offered on the market.
These programs have you work out hard and following the wrong exercises and can send your frustration levels soaring. Plus — these plans don’t help combat the challenges of an aging body!
So, now let’s look at those four major reasons why men and women over 40 aren’t able to achieve their health and fitness goals.
I’m going to walk you through all 4 of them in this 3-part episode series.
REASON #1: THE BIGGEST LIE IN HEALTH & FITNESS
Have you ever heard that you just need the right diet and workout plan to get in shape? Well, that’s a lie.
FACT: 95% of diets fail for long-term results.
Research shows that we don’t have a weight loss problem; people are losing weight all the time. The problem is that most people who have lost weight, gain it all back—maybe even multiple times throughout their life.
Why is this happening?
I asked myself that so many times throughout the 20 years I’ve been in this business. Then I discovered the truth…
Research shows that when we’re anxious, stressed, frustrated, bored, overwhelmed, or unhappy, we turn to numbing behaviors.
Because we think that if we’re busy enough if we eat enough if we drink enough alcohol, if we exercise enough, or watch enough TV, that’ll we’ll escape the truth of our lives.
But the real truth is that the pleasure we got from eating, drinking, and shopping wears off. The exciting TV series comes to an end. And we’re still left with your unsolved problems.
Now, in case you might be wondering how can you fix that? I’ll explain in a sec, keep reading.
REASON #2: YOU’RE STILL FOLLOWING DIET GURUS
What “The Experts” Are Saying…
- Ketogenic diets are the best!
- You just need to ‘eat clean’ to lose weight.
- Intermittent fasting is the secret to fat loss.
- Just eat organic foods.
- Do a juice cleanse for 7 days.
- Just go Paleo and you’ll lose fat! caveman and you’ll lose fat.
- Cut out the carbs because carbs make you fat.
- Start a juice cleanse and you’ll see results.
- Drink protein shakes for breakfast and you’ll lose weight quickly.
Guess what? Following bad advice like this works. Because you can’t eat anything! And yes, not eating any food will make you lose weight.
That’s 100% guaranteed…It’s just not healthy or sustainable.
At the end of the day, you should be able to enjoy life while getting leaner.
REASON #3: YOU’RE WORKING HARD, NOT SMART
Conventional fitness wisdom says that all you need to do is:
- Do cardio on an empty stomach
- Use ‘muscle confusion’ workouts
- Do cardio every day
- Do high reps for fat loss
- Special celebrity workouts
- You need to take a ton of supplements
- 10-minute HIT workouts burn fat like crazy
- If you’re sore, then you had a good workout
- Train to failure to build muscle fast!
NOTE: Hope isn’t a strategy.
This is what I call “cross your fingers and hope for results” fitness.
I bet you want to be the person with a sexy, lean body. But, the saddest part is after trying for years and not succeeding in looking the way they want, most people start to believe that being flabby and out of shape is just part of being over forty.
They believe it’s too late to get their dream body, have vibrant health, and live an extraordinary life.
The truth is that you don’t have to kill yourself at the gym as the so-called gurus say. But you need to have a SMART approach to training.
Otherwise, you’ll NEVER get the results you want. That’s where most people fail.
REASON #4: SHRINKING SLEEP = SHRINKING MUSCLES
Turns out, your strength gains might be much better if you squeeze in a little extra shut-eye.
It’s not only that getting enough sleep helps muscles grow. Without adequate sleep muscle mass decreases.
A study in 2011 examined how sleep deprivation affected muscle gains and recovery.
What researchers discovered was that the individuals who slept only 5.5 hours had 60% LESS muscle mass at the end of the study, while those who slept 8.5 hours had 40% MORE muscle mass.
Failure to get this right and POOR SLEEP will lead to a loss of muscle mass and slowing of your metabolism. In other words, you won’t get good results from your workout and nutrition plan no matter how hard you work at it. Plus, your health will get even worse over time.
AND LET’S NOT TALK ABOUT…FACT: Physical inactivity sets you up for a life of dependence on others, illness, and regular hospital visits. This can not only cost you money but your career performance and quality of life as well.
So, I hope by now you understand the 4 mistakes that you’re making and why you’re not getting results.
In the next episode that will be released tomorrow, I’ll talk about the 5 SHIFTS you need to make to finally reclaim your health and build the body you deserve.
In the meantime, if you are curious about my coaching program, go to legendarylifepodcast.com/coaching to learn more.
Spots are filling out quickly and I can just take a number of clients, so if you feel you’ll be a good fit for my program check out the page today.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Instagram handle so we can thank you personally!
Have you heard me claim that my clients lose 3-5lbs in the 1st week of being in my program?
That’s what I’m offering for a limited time.
First, give us a REVIEW on iTunes
Second, take a screenshot of your review and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Then my team will send you our Jumpstart NUTRITION PROTOCOL, which you can follow for 7 days and lose up to 3-5 pounds.
But, hurry up. This offer is limited-time. Take action today and start losing that extra pounds that you gained this year.
And yes, if you’ve given us a review in the past, send us a screenshot and we’ll send you the jump-start protocol.
For more info, go to legendarylifepodcast.com/review