Dave Asprey, founder of Bulletproof and author of New York Times bestseller The Bulletproof Diet, is a Silicon Valley investor and technology entrepreneur who spent two decades and over $300,000 to hack his own biology.
Dave lost 100 pounds without counting calories or excessive exercise, used techniques to upgrade his brain by more than 0150 IQ points, and lowered his biological age while learning to sleep more efficiently in less time. Learning to do these seemingly impossible things transformed him into a better entrepreneur, a better husband, and a better father.
Dave is the creator of the widely popular Bulletproof Coffee, host of the #1 health podcast, Bulletproof Radio, and author of the New York Times bestselling book, The Bulletproof Diet. Through his work Dave provides information, techniques and keys to taking control of and improving your biochemistry, your body and your mind so they work in unison, helping you execute at levels far beyond what you’d expect, without burning out, getting sick, or allowing stress to control your decisions.
Dave’s new venture, the Bulletproof Coffee Shop, is now open in Santa Monica with more locations coming soon.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What is biohacking
- The connection between health and performance
- The most effective brain hack
- How chronic stress is killing us
- Why it’s okay to disagree with people
- Remove toxic people in your life
- The problem with the “evidence-based health” movement
- How Buddhists and shamans were the first biohackers
- The key to taking responsibility
- 3 Simple ways to reduce stress
- Why you need to take a break from techno stress
- What Dave does to stay in shape
- How Dave’s nutrition approach has evolved over years
- A Simple way to enhance cognitive performance
Connect with Dave:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to the ASK TED section.
Don’t forget to visit our FREE 30-DAY CHALLENGE and join us to change your health, body, and live a Legendary Life.
Until next time!