Today’s guest Dr. Chris Friesen, Ph.D. is a psychologist who has always been fascinated by what makes people successful. He is a licensed clinical, forensic, and neuropsychologist but now primarily helps professional, national/Olympic, and up-and-coming elite athletes, as well as other high achievers such as professionals, entrepreneurs, executives, academics, and writers, achieve their personal and professional potential. He is currently director of Friesen Sport & Performance Psychology, a contributor for Success Magazine, and author of ACHIEVE: Find Out Who You Are, What You Really Want, And How To Make It Happen.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why you need to get Dr. Friesen’s book (06:44)
- The science behind motivation (16:33)
- The 3 things successful people do differently (18:22)
- Dr. Friesen’s top lifestyle and environment hacks (31:05)
- Understanding brain waves (28:15)
- The relationship between food and mood (38:50)
- 5 Reasons why willpower fails you, and what to do about it (42:30)
- Understanding panic attacks (49:34)
- 5 Ways to deal with anxiety (48:11)
- Signs your body needs rest (55:44)
- The chemistry of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) (63:51)
[tweet_box design=”box_12_at” float=”none” author=”Dr. Chris Friesen” pic_url=”http://www.knowledgeformen.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Dr.-Chris-Friesen.jpg”]If you can make your decisions based on what’s important to you, you will go far.[/tweet_box]
1. Let your results be your guide
If you are following recommendations from persons that are into personal development and you are not having measurable success in your life, then consider following an expert like Chris Friesen. Feeling good is important but being excited about working out is not the same as actually working out. Feeling good doesn’t change your bank account, your relationship, or whatever it is you are trying to improve in your life.
2. Be careful with biohacking information
Be cautious of where and who you are getting your information from. Don’t be fooled by good marketing and inaccurate information.
- Day-Light Sky 10,000 LUX Bright Light Therapy Lamp
- Uvex S1933X Skyper Safety Eyewear
- Inner Balance Biofeedback Training
- MyCalmBeat Deep Breathing App
- Versus | Mobile Brain Sensing Technology for Providers
Connect with Chris
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below! If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to the ASK TED section.
Check out my brand new video training series, where I’ll walk you through the 3-Step formula to lose 7 pounds in 2 weeks (without starvation or insane workouts), you can learn the 7 fat loss strategies that will help you finally create that energetic, lean body you’ve always wanted.
Until next time!