A small amount of stress can be good, motivating you to perform well. But multiple challenges daily, such as sitting in traffic, emotional trauma, meeting deadlines, and paying bills, can push you beyond your ability to cope. In this episode, Dr. Mike T. Nelson will explain how you can improve the body and mind resilience to stress, so you can finally live a happier, healthier, and stress-free life. Listen Now!
Dr. Mike T. Nelson has spent 18 years of his life learning how the human body works, specifically focusing on properly managing it to burn fat and become stronger, more flexible, and healthier. He has a Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology, a BA in Natural Science, and an MS in Biomechanics. He’s an adjunct professor and a member of the American College of Sports Medicine.
He’s been called in to share his techniques with top government agencies. The techniques he’s developed and the results Mike gets for his clients have been featured in international magazines, scientific publications, and websites worldwide.
In this episode with Dr. Mike T. Nelson, he talks about Heart Rate Variability (HRV), how it helps create an amazing lifestyle and deal with stress, and the best apps to monitor it.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Heart Rate Variability (HRV) Analysis [02:28-08:08]
- Sympathetic versus Parasympathetic branch of Autonomic Nervous System [06:52-07:43]
- How to use the HRV data for exercise or lifestyle [09:13-13:19]
- What are the potential stressors and influencers of the Autonomic Nervous System [11:27-11:54]
- What app or device to use to monitor and measure your HRV [13:55-22:44]
- Oura Ring versus Athlete App [18:40-22:44]
- Heart Rate Variability: A new way to track well being (HRV) [25:22-38:26]
- Overreaching Versus Overtraining Syndrome [26:51-33:08]
- Overreaching Syndrome Indicator [29:47-30:45]
- Types of Stressors [35:07-36:53]
- How does HRV helps athletes manage stress level [38:33-47:23]
- What’s your big takeaway from this episode [50:53-51:35]
- And much more…
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Instagram handle so we can thank you personally!
Like This Show? Support Our Podcast By Leaving Us a Review & Subscribing to Our Podcast!
If you’d like to support and help grow the Legendary Life Podcast, one of the easiest ways to do so is to take two minutes right now and leave a review of the podcast over on iTunes or your preferred podcast platform
Because the more reviews the show gets, the more people will find it and listen. And the more people who listen, the bigger this movement will get.
Together we can change the conversation around reclaiming your health, creating the body you deserve, and living a legendary life!